RE: Brain not working, help needed :-)

The format should be $id[$count]

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Payne [mailto:chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 8:46 AM
To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Brain not working, help needed :-)

Hi there everyone,

I have the following code:

while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($sql_result)) {

   $id = $row["id"];

   $video_link = $row["video_link"];

   $video_thumbnail = $row["video_thumbname"];

   $video_title = $row["video_title"];

   $video_description = $row["video_description"];

};

Now I'll be shifting through my MySQL array 6 items at a time, what I'd LIKE
to be able to do is store each item in a number string on each pass.  In
other words, the first loop would see $id being called something like $id1,
the second pass in the loop it would be $id2 and so on.

I THOUGHT I could do this by putting a $count ++ in the loop and then doing
something like $id$count or something like $id.$count but neither worked,
this may sound odd but I REALLY need to be able to do this so how can I name
a string that has to contain the data from a row successively higher on each
loop so that it doesn't overwrite the data on the previous loop?

I have 6 items on the page so I can hardcode <?=$id1?> for item 1 and
<?=$id2?> for item 2 etc .. But with the layout of the page being able to do
it THIS way would be MUCH better than having to set the table itself up to
handle it.

Any help on this (Probably very easy) but annoying problem would be REALLY
appreciated ;-)

Chris

********
viruses.