Re: maximum number of records in a db?

"Jordan Miller" <jmil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:86674565-C22A-482A-8912-5CC0C50BF984@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I was just wondering what is the maximum number of records that can  be
>successfully handled with a db. any db will do. it doesn't have to  be the
>fastest or best, just one that can hold the maximum number of  records and
>still be able to interact well with php. any ideas?

Using MySQL with PHP:
I believe that a MyISAM table has a maximum row count of 2^32
(4,294,967,296) rows.
I believe that an InnoDB table *may* not have this limit.

PostgreSQL:
There is no limit on the # of rows in a table, see:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ.html#4.4

Remember that there are other limits (like diskspace, and the time it takes
to perform a query on the data, indexing the data ...)
If you are concerning about the row limit, you may need to re-think the
problem.

DanB