Re: Case sensitive

better to use the sql UPPER/LOWER and keep your variable values the same

Except that they should be escaping the variable to make it db-safe so that will change it ... so if you're going to do that, might as well do this:

$safe_stringinput = xxxx_escape_string(strtoupper($stringinput);

One trick is to force the case in your comparison:

$ucstringinput = strtoupper($stringinput);
$qry = "select * from sometable where upper(address) like '%$ucstringinput%'"

Didn't think LIKE was case sensitive, but regardless... forcing upper or lowercase in your comparison doesn't affect output but will make your case sensitivity issue moot.

HTH

-TG