Re: Case sensitive

Perhaps its a collatioon issue? Are you using the same characterset for both?

Bastien

From: Micah Stevens <micah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Case sensitive
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 11:26:38 -0700

Not sure here, as according to my experience, and the MySQL docs, SQL pattern matching (as you would use with the 'LIKE' syntax) is case-insensitive. From
the docs:

"In MySQL, SQL patterns are case-insensitive by default. Some examples are
shown here. "

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/pattern-matching.html

If this for some reason is different on your server, another route (although
likely slower) is a REGEXP search..

-Micah