Re: pg_insert tyro question

Micah,

As a tyro, I'm curious AND cautious: belt AND suspenders is best.

When you say:

assign the values needed into another array before submitting to the database

I presume you mean something like this, yes?

/*Create arrays for each of the tables*/
$coretable = array_slice($_POST, 0, 33);
$creatable = array_slice($_POST, 33, 5);
$subjectable = array_slice($_POST, 38, 2);
$stypertable = array_slice($_POST, 40, 2);
$cultable = array_slice($_POST, 42, 2);
$matertable = array_slice($_POST, 44, 6);

But while my own sanity is _certainly_ in question (I rue the day I agreed to do this project, however educational it has been), You seem to be using "sanity check" in a technical sense. What exactly would that be, when it's at home, and what would it look like?

Thanks all for the good advice!

Jon