Re: Re: oci_bind_by_name, 'Unknown or unsupported datatype given'

On 8/10/05, Miles Thompson <miles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At 11:32 AM 8/10/2005, Anton Channing wrote:
> >On 8/10/05, Miles Thompson <miles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Anton,
> > >
> > > This seems so fundamental I hesitate to suggest it.
> > > Have you run a script with phpinfo() in it?
> > > Or apache or httpd with the "-l", "-V" or "-t" switches?
> > >
> > > Miles
> >
> >Okay, have just run phpinfo, obviously it prints out
> >a whole load of stuff, what am I looking for?
> >
> >I hesitate to do anything with the server.  Unfortunately
> >my colleague that deals with the server is on holiday,
> >so if the phpinfo output can help, it would be good
> >if I can work something out from that.
> >
> >Also, we are lacking a test server at the moment, so
> >the only changes I can make are to the live one... :)
> >
> >Anton
>
> Please reply to the list ...

My appologies, I accidentally hit 'reply' instead of
'reply to all'.  Not really used to doing mailing lists
on a gmail account.

> Well, it tells you what PHP has been compiled with, Apache configuration,
> and further down what database support is available.

Okay, yeah, I found all that, everything appears to be enabled.
Unless there is something missing that isn't showing up at
all.

> The reason for running phpinfo() and Apache or httpd with those command
> line switches is that it tells you what support for Oracle is available
> from the web server side. Presumably there are similar functions built into
> Oracle.
>
> Never having used Oracle, I cannot tell you what to look for, but there is
> some basic information here which should help with your diagnosis.

Okay, I will reproduce the phpinfo version in the hope that it will
mean something to someone here.  I'll pick out the sections that
seem relevent to oracle connections...

Thanks for your help
Anton

phpinfo() output: