Re: Current web page being displayed

* RaJeSh VeNkAtA <rajesh_v@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> :

> hai ..
>  	if u r seeing http://www.google.com/blog/myblog.php
>
> then
>  	$_SERVER[SERVER_NAME] would give u www.google.com
> and
>  	$_SERVER[PHP_SELF] would give u /blog/myblog.php

PHP_SELF also gives the PATH_INFO and QUERY_STRING of the script, which
can make it problematic to determine the exact script name:

    http://www.example.com/path/to/script.php/extra/path/info?id=7

would give

    /path/to/script.php/extra/path/info?id=7

for PHP_SELF, when in liklihood you're looking for

    /path/to/script.php

If using Apache, use SCRIPT_NAME as the $_SERVER key -- this gives just
the path to the script - no PATH INFO, no QUERY_STRING.

There are some regexps/functions floating around out there to remove
PATH_INFO and QUERY_STRING from PHP_SELF as well, and this may be more
portable than SCRIPT_NAME as not all httpd servers use it.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
Zend Certified Engineer