Php with MySQL replication

I seem to be having a problem when using php with a replicated database and
the replicated database not being updated correctly.  I have verified that
replication in general works.  When transactions are entered through either
a perl script or through console, the replicated client receives the updates
almost instantly.  When a transaction goes through php, on the other hand,
the master database will be updated but the master does not seem to send the
update to the replicated client.

Mysql version are both 4.0.18.
Mod_php4-4.3.7 is the php code.

Sample from php script...

$conn = mysql_connect($Server, $User, $Pass);
$sql = "INSERT INTO test.database VALUE ('','hello')";
$result = mysql_query($sql,$conn);
$closed = Mysql_close($conn);

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

David Brinks --- Power-Net Internet Services
brinks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Local Office : 402 N. Mission, Mount Pleasant, MI 48858