Re: Help. I am losing the plot.. .

zend is excellent, i use editpad at work, have engisite for php (also good) phpedit, context

all depends on how much you want to spend and what features you want

bastien

From: Ross Honniball <ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Help. I am losing the plot.. .
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 08:48:58 +1000

I think I have identified the cause of the problem.
====

If I write my scripts in notepad, then the problem does not happen.

If I write my scripts in PSPAD, my editor that for 2 years has never given me any cause for concern, then I get the problem.

Perhaps I have changed some setting in PSPAD to save end of file markers differently or something? I don't know. I certainly haven't played with any setting recently.

Here's the really scary part. Literally 15 minutes before this started happening, I sent another message to this same list asking if anyone knew of a better code editor than PSPAD. I find this timing eerie.

Um. Anyone know of a good code editor?

I'll keep you all posted in case this turns out to be wrong. And I'm sure even if it is PSPAD it will be something I have done in it and not the product itself. I really don't want to tarnish a free product that has served me very well for so long. As already said, I have NEVER had any problem with PSPAD before.

thanks list .. Ross

Bastien Koert wrote:

Perhaps there is an encoding issue in the file(s) that the server is not recoginizing? Could you post the code you actually use?

Bastien