Re: Postgre SQL query error with PHP

On Jul 1, 2005, at 9:37 PM, Thomas Bonham wrote:

Error:
Connection to Data Base established
Warning: pg_query(): Query failed: ERROR: permission denied for
relation property in
/var/www/html/thomas/cis166ae/database/web_users/dan/newrow.php on
line 20

Warning: Wrong parameter count for pg_num_rows() in
/var/www/html/thomas/cis166ae/database/web_users/dan/newrow.php on
line 21

As it show above I can connect to the database but no query.
The part of the code that is error "I Think" is the following.
$query = pg_query ("
SELECT * FROM property
");

The first error is telling you that you don't have permission to select from the "property" table. See the GRANT command and make sure you have the correct permissions to work with the table.

The warning needs to be fixed also. The pg_num_rows command only takes one parameter. You need to remove the $dbconn parameter.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL