Re: Batch queries in the same mysql_query()

Denio Mariz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to execute multiple queries using mysql_query() function and
> I'm getting an error to check SQL syntax.
> My PHP code looks like:
>
> //-------------------------
> $sql="select x from y ; insert into y values ( 1, 2 )";
> mysql_query( $sql ) or die( mysql_error() );
> //-------------------------
>
> Maybe the problem resides on the character ";", but this queries run
> without problems when typed on "mysql" command-line tool. So, if it works
> on "mysql" command line, why it doesn't work using mysql_query() ?
>
> Any hint ?

If you look at php.net/mysql_query it will tell you that the query shouldn't
end with a semicolon ";" What it really should say is the query shouldn't
_contain_ a semicolon. This is php attempting to protect you from SQL
injection.

Just do a separate mysql_query for each query.

Cheers
--
David Robley

Friction can be a drag sometimes.