PostgreSQL 7.2 - 8.0 replication issue

I have to upgrade a web app from PHP 4.3.11 with PostgreSQL 7.2 to PHP 5.0.4 with PostgreSQL 8.0.3.

Currently I have PHP4 (as Apache 2.54 mod on port 80) and PHP5 (default CGI mode on port 8181) running concurrently on my DEV box.  I installed PostgreSQL 8.0.3 on the DEV box as well.

On the PostgreSQL 7.2 server, I did a pg_dumpall > db.out and ftp'd db.out to the PostgreSQL 8.0.3 (DEV) server.  When I attempt to pg_restore db.out, the PostgreSQL archiver aborts with the error: "input file does not appear to be a valid archive"

I'd sure appreciate a clue on this issue!

tia,
~mark

This email and any file transmitted with it may be confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you received this email in error please notify the DBM Service Desk by forwarding this message to servdesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This email has been scanned by networkMaryland Antivirus Service for the presence of computer viruses.