From: Thomas Bonham [mailto:thomasbbonham@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2005 8:03 PM
To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Re: PostgreSQL error with PHP

I rewrote the code. This is the code and errors.
This is starting to get old, I have been working on this for over a week now.

CODE:

    </head>
    <?php

	$conn = "user=auth password=redhat
	dbname=auth host=localhost port=5432";

	$dbconn = pg_connect($conn);
	echo "Connected Successfully";

    ?>

Error:

Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could not connect to server: Connection refused Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432? in /var/www/html/thomas/cis166ae/database/secretdb.php on line 11
Connected Successfully

Thomas

Thomas Bonham wrote:

I add the hostname and port, then I configure postgresql.conf and enable the port 5432 line in the config file.

So this is the new code.

  </head>
  <?php
$conn = pg_connect("
   user=auth dbname=auth password=redhat host=thomas.example.com
   port=5432" ) or die ("Could not connect") ;
   echo "Connected Successfully";
   pg_close($conn);
?>

With the new error.

Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could not connect to server: Connection refused Is the server running on host "thomas.example.com" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432? in /var/www/html/thomas/cis166ae/database/secretdb.php on line 10
Could not connect

Thomas

Robbert van Andel wrote:

You might need to include the hostname and port.