RE: Re: UPDATE command

The trick is your using the wrong ' instead you need ` ...

go away from kl;->' and go to `->123 ;)
The key above the (Tab) key, or the key next to the number 1 above the q.

so ...

$query="SELECT * FROM bibleverses WHERE `used` = 0 ORDER BY RAND()
LIMIT 1";

When I first learned this also I was fooled and used ' instead of `.  But in some cases you don't need to use it also.

I hope this covers it!  Sorry if someone else has responded before me.  I might of been a bit slow! ;)

Jerry

>From: "Ron Piggott" <ron.php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: "Webmaster" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>CC: "PHP DB" <php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject:  Re: UPDATE command
>Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 23:47:31 -0400
>
>This is kind of interesting ...
>
>$query="SELECT * FROM quiettimequotation WHERE used = 0 ORDER BY
RAND()