Re: Strange MySQL Problem. .

Brian D. McGrew wrote:
I'm am having the hardest time getting PHP to connect to MySQL.  From a
command line I can say 'mysql -u root -p' and connect with no problems.
[snip]
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (13)

what do you get with:
	mysql -u root -p -S/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
chances are you need to tell php where your mysql socket is (through php.ini).

cheers,
--
- Martin Norland, Sys Admin / Database / Web Developer, International Outreach x3257 The opinion(s) contained within this email do not necessarily represent those of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.