RE: Re: php-db Digest 7 Jun 2005 17:56:06 -0000 Issue 2973

I did post something on mysql.com about the library but they pulled the post...

Bastien

From: Scott Powell <scotthpowell@xxxxxxxxx>
To: php-db-digest-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Re: php-db Digest 7 Jun 2005 17:56:06 -0000 Issue 2973
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 22:42:18 -0700 (PDT)

Bastien,

That seems to have worked. I can see php admin's home page. And it looks like PHP BB got installed.

I understand the error message (basically, the compiled-in library is out of date with the server) but it could be A LOT clearer...it sounds like the MySQL client libraries are out of date and they're not.

I know PHP and the other tools are all free. But this is a pretty basic compatibility issue that could be VERY easily documented right in the install file for PHP 4.x: if you are using version x.y or greater of MySQL, please be sure... would go a long way to eliminating this confusion.

Thanks
Scott

php-db-digest-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

php-db Digest 7 Jun 2005 17:56:06 -0000 Issue 2973

Topics (messages 39594 through 39599):

Re: Newbie with mail problem
39594 by: Andrés G. Montañez
39599 by: Wings

Cannot connect to local MySQL -- Client does not support authentication protocol
39595 by: Scott Powell
39596 by: Bastien Koert
39597 by: Scott Powell
39598 by: Román Sánchez