  From: Joseph Crawford
  Sent: Sunday, June 05, 2005 9:50 PM
  Subject: Re:  PHP Mail command

  try addslashes maybe ;)

  On 6/5/05, Ron Piggott <ron.php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    I have a mail() question.  Take a look at this sample code below:  Pay
    attention the $message variable

    <?
    $to="ron.php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
    $subject="Test e-mail";
    $headers = "From: ron.php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";

    $message = "

    But prove yourselves doesn't and not only "hears".

    ";

    mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);
    ?>

    I have a mySQL database of quotations that one is randomly being e-mailed
    out daily.  The trouble is that some quotations have " marks in this such as
    the example above.  This bit of code doesn't work because the computer is
    looking for a ; following the ".  Elsewhere in the quotation database there
    is the use of ' .  Is there a way to do a search and replace for " to ' ?
    The e-mails that are sent out are plain text e-mails.

    I have used the

    $quotation = mysql_real_escape_string($quotation);

    to be able to insert quotes with ' into the mySQL table; is there a similar
    way to get around this problem I am having?

    Thanks :)

    Ron

    PS It is a really funny e-mail I just wrote and sure is computer in nature
    when entire words consist of ; " ' GRIN