RE: DB dont_die and errors

You should be able to comment out the error message portions that you don't want to display

bastien

From: Alessandro Pasotti <ale.pas@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  DB dont_die and errors
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 18:58:07 +0200

Hi all,

When the connection fails, the default behaviour is to die, printing also the
dns, with user and password!!!

How can I avoid this?

When I set dont_die, it goes on but the script stops later with a fatal error
(since DB is not initialized).

Does anybody knows a graceful way to handle connection errors.

I'm using DBDataObject to do all the DB stuff but the internals of this class
don't check for PEAR errors after calling connect(), should I subclass it and
rewrite some methods?

Bye.
--
Alessandro Pasotti