From: kc68@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:kc68@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Jueves, 19 de Mayo de 2005 07:13 a.m.
To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Limiting Results

I am trying to limit results pulled from two tables, each with all states
and
congressional districts, to specified congressional districts.  I want
each college to
appear once matched to each congressional district (that is in one table
and is easy to do)
and also include a column from a second table with the Representative.  My
syntax, below,
produces far too many results, matching college and district and
Representative many times.

The syntax:

select a.college, a.state, a.cd, b.rep from a, b

where

a.state = "al" and a.cd = "3"  or
a.state = "az" and a.cd = "1" and

a.state = b.state and
a.cd = b.cd

What do I do to limit to single match for each college in the specified
congressional
districts?

Ken