Looking for help.

I need help.

I am building a database for a collaborative non-profit organization.
Originally it was scheduled to be done in MS Access, which I know fairly
well.  but the problem is they want it hosted on a freeDBS server and they
do not have the ability to use an access database, nor are they willing to
make the changes.

So to make a long story short, I am now learning mysql and php.  I has been
a slow and often aggravating process, but we are starting to make some
progress.  But I need to learn more.  Can anyone suggest a really good book,
or possibly some tutorial classes I can on line that I can use to learn more
about these programs.

Thanks

John