Re: Memory

Am Mi, den 27.04.2005 schrieb [FOTOList.com] Suporte um 15:46:
> Hi,
>
> When I get something from database, using this function: pg_query
> (postgresql) or mysql_query and after put this result in somes
> variables, Am I using double memory to same data or this new variable
> point to variable with db result?

A normal mysql_query or mysqli_query function allocates a char** pointer
(in libmysql) for all data in resultset until it's freed via
mysql_free_result.

If you have to retrieve a large amount of data (and you don't use nested
selects) you should use mysql_unbuffered_query instead. This method can
be also faster.

/Georg