Re: Transaction over persistent connection problem

Hello,

on 04/27/2005 09:58 AM Oskar said the following:
You see - tables are locked and the only way to fix it is restarting MySQL.

Could you tell me what am I doing wrong, please?

I suspect that your scripts may be exiting once in a while with unfinished transactions due to bugs or errors that make it end prematurely. With persistent connections you need to rollback unfinished transations by the end of the script.

The solution of Metabase (portable database abstraction package) is to implicitly register a shutdown function that clean any pending transactions:

http://www.phpclasses.org/metabase

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos