Get Confused : Use Transaction or not

Hi,

I want to develop a multiuser system using PHP(5.04),MySQL(4.1.10) and
PEAR(DataObject).
There is only one MySQL account for PHP to operate data.
All user's information will be stored in database,include id,passwd and etc.
However,I get confused when I write queries in PHP script.
Because one data row may be modified by different user at the same time.

Should I use Transaction in my queries ?

Regards,
Phil