php and tables

Hi

I am new to php and mysql and am having a few problems that I hope someone can help with.

What I am trying to do is to display ratings for particular teams using some basic code. I needed to print the information out on a table with the highest average at the top and then ascending. I have all this info stored in a mysql db.
eg
 TEAM        PLAYED  WIN   LOSS   DRAW  POINTS   AVERAGE
ENGLAND     16           6         6          4          16              1.00

I don't know how to print variables out in a table and I don't know how to make it ascending.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Vikas