Re: query error

pete M wrote:
I've got a database table with a whole list of "windows" file paths.

eg
Advent Tower PC\C\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Microsoft Binder.lnk
Advent Tower PC\C\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Microsoft Excel.lnk
Advent Tower PC\C\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Microsoft Office Setup.lnk
Advent Tower PC\C\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Microsoft Outlook.lnk
Advent Tower PC\C\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Microsoft PowerPoint.lnk
Advent Tower PC\C\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Microsoft Word.lnk
Advent Tower PC\C\Program Files\Microsoft Office\MS Access Workgroup Administrator.lnk
Advent Tower PC\C\Program Files\Microsoft Office\MSCREATE.DIR
Advent Tower PC\C\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OF97SPEC.INI
Advent Tower PC\C\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office
Advent Tower PC\C\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\1033

Now I want my DB query to search for directories .. here's a sample query select * from ff_files where full_path like 'Advent Tower PC\C\freeserve\help\images\%'

doesnt work as the % is taken as a literal '%'

I've aslso tried
like 'Advent Tower PC\\C\\freeserve\\help\\images\%'

I'm completely lost ..
all I want is to return all rows that start with
'Advent Tower PC\C\freeserve\help\images\'

tia
Pete

Try like 'Advent Tower PC\\C\\freeserve\\help\\images\\%'

Free cPanel Web Hosting http://hostwindow.info/web-hosting/2/free-cpanel-web-hosting/