RE: Problem with foreach looping...

From: NIPP, SCOTT V (SBCSI) [mailto:sn4265@xxxxxxx]

> 	I am attempting to use a simple foreach loop on a query result,
> and I am only getting the first element of the array back.
> Here is the
> code...
>
> $exclude_query = "SELECT hostname FROM exclusion";
> $exclude_results = mysql_query($exclude_query, $Prod);
> $exclude = mysql_fetch_array($exclude_results, MYSQL_NUM);
>
> foreach ($exclude as $row) {
>   echo "$row\n";
> }
>
> 	I don't understand how I am just getting a single item back from
> this.  The query actually returns all 13 entries in the
> exclusion table.
> I have tested the query via the mysql client.  I also get all 13
> elements back if I loop via the following.
>
> while ($test = mysql_fetch_array($results, MYSQL_NUM)) {
>   echo "$test[0]\n";
> }
>
> 	Is my PHP somehow broke, or am I just missing something here?
> Thanks.

mysql_fetch_array() only fetches one record of the result set at a time.
Thus, the code's doing what you told it to. The while() loop is what you
want. Why do you need to use a foreach() loop? At that point, there's
nothing to foreach() through. No array has been constructed.

HTH!

--
Mike Johnson             Smarter Living, Inc.
Web Developer            www.smartertravel.com