RE: find a value in entire table...

Hi,

You could do something like this:

SELECT 'Accounts' as department, Accounts as id FROM mytable WHERE Accounts
IS NOT NULL
UNION ALL
SELECT 'Human Resources' as department, HR as id FROM mytable WHERE HR IS
NOT NULL
UNION ALL
SELECT 'Support' as department, Support as id FROM mytable WHERE Support IS
NOT NULL
UNION ALL
SELECT 'Marketing' as department, Marketing as id FROM mytable WHERE
Marketing IS NOT NULL

Replace "mytable" with your tablename.

I know it works on Oracle and I've just tested in on MySql and that works
good too. The query above returned this:

department      | id
Accounts        | 23
Accounts        | 19
Human Resources | 17