Re: History of MySQL support in PHP

The actual code for the first MySQL extension was just a search and replace of "msql"->"mysql" in the original msql extension I wrote before that. I found 1995'ish documentation for that the other day:

   http://lerdorf.com/php/msql.html

And that extension was based on the original msql support in PHP version 1 dating back to around March or April of 1995. You can see that code in the PHP 1.0.8 tarball located at http://museum.php.net. Unfortunately I didn't use CVS in the early days so we don't have revision history going back that far.

But I am curious, why do you want to know?

-Rasmus