From: Van Ingen, Lane [mailto:lvaningen@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 2:33 PM
To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  PHP and PostgreSQL

I am new to PHP. Trying to install it and PostgreSQL 8.0 on Slackware Linux 10.0.0 . I am getting
the following error out of Apache:
    Fatal Error: Call to undefined function: pg_connect()

After browsing your web site, I found http://us2.php.net/pgsql . But am unable to proceed because I
am not sure what to do. Specific questions:
  (1) How do I determine what version of PHP I have? Browsed PHP directories, but couldn't find it.
  (2) The information I found said I could use a "shared object module" and/or (I think) alter php.ini .

I don't think this is hard to fix, but I need to find a blow-by-blow of what to do. Can somebody help me?