Re: Random Character String

Hi,
Look at uniqueid function,
but it gives some lengthy string. You can use string functiions for
your specific purpose.
http://in.php.net/uniqueid

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 09:38:35 -0500, Ron Piggott
<ron.php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is there a way of generating an 8 character random string in PHP?
>
> Is there a way to ignore UPPER and lower case when you are using the SELECT
> command to find a record in the mySQL table?
>
> I know this isn't an HTML forum ... I have one more question which is more
> HTML in nature.  I don't want some of the web pages to be indexed that my
> PHP scripts are creating.  Is there a tag you know of to prevent this from
> happening?

what do you mean by indexed here? indexed by whom? search engines?

zareef ahmed

> Ron
>
> --

Zareef Ahmed :: A PHP Developer in India ( Delhi )
Homepage :: http://www.zareef.net