Re: php5-sessions next

mel list_php wrote:
Dear Martin,
Thank you very much for that, I made the suggested changes.
The problem was again coming from the session.save_path directive which was not well configured.

With your settings I know have a wonderful display of "undefined index", coming from all that non instantiated variables...at least I know what I have to do now!!
[snip]
No problem, glad to help!

The extra errors is strange actually - that's E_STRICT error reporting. E_ALL doesn't include E_STRICT, so it's further odd that the line:

error_reporting  =  E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT

return strict errors - it should read "return all errors, except notice, and except strict". In any case, you can change it to

error_reporting  =  E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

"In PHP 4 and PHP 5 the default value is E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE. This setting does not show E_NOTICE level errors. You may want to show them during development."

I don't develop with E_STRICT enabled - but then again, that's mainly because I could spend probably a month cleaning up uninitialized variables / array references and still not be close to finished. I'd love to turn it on for a new project (though I might end up turning it right back off!), but it's just not feasible with my existing projects.

cheers,
--
- Martin Norland, Sys Admin / Database / Web Developer, International Outreach x3257
The opinion(s) contained within this email do not necessarily represent those of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.