php5-sessions next

Hi again,

I erased and recreated my php.ini file from the php ini recommended.

In my application I use a suthentication of the user against a database table, once the user is allowed I set a session variable at true.

I test this variable at the beginning of each script.

With php4 no problem, in each script I have:
@session_start();
if (!$_SESSION['allowed']) exit();

With php5, I'm unable to navigate through different protected pages, each time I have to re-login.

I don't know if it is something in my php.ini that is wrong, or if the session support has been modified between php4 and 5?
I tried to find information on the web but without success.

Comparing the section dedicated to session in phpinfo on my 4.3 and on 4.5, the only difference is on 4.3 session.save_path=/tmp whereas for php5 even if specified in the php.ini it still has no value.

I'm a bit stuck here, anybody has an idea?
Thanks a lot.