php5 session.save_path

HI,
I was trying to set up php5.
Everything is fine except the warning can't open /root/tmp to store the seesion file, check your session.save_path.

first: why is it trying to store that in /root/tmp?

I then wanted to check my php.ini even if I didn't modify that value which by default should be set a /tmp

I then have 2 php.ini:
-php5.ini
-php.ini

I think mine is php.ini, but maybe I'm wrong?(it may come from my previous php installation)
I check that one, the session path is at /tmp.

I check the other one (php5.ini) I don't have the session section.

Any idea?