Re: Pear help

Craig Hoffman wrote:
Thanks for getting back to me... Comments below -

On Feb 28, 2005, at 10:49 AM, Martin Norland wrote:

Craig Hoffman wrote:

Hi There,
I'm trying to configure my OS X box to work with PEAR. Everything seems to be working (updating PEAR libraries, etc.) except when I run my test script I get the following error:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class db in /usr/lib/php/DB.php on line 271
[snip]
The error is clearly stating that there's already a "class DB" defined. It's defined somewhere.

I'm not sure if this relevant, but I have used db.php (another file) in an include statements to connect mysql for a few websites.

Try printing the results of get_declared_classes() and go from there. Maybe class names are case sensitive, I've never had to find out.

in any case, as I said - it definitely has already seen a declaration of class db somewhere, the question is finding where that is and whether it's useful or not.

One last bit - is DB.php the class you're supposed to use in PEAR, or are you supposed to use something out of the DB directory within PEAR (or is that just the DB specific stuff which is handled by the parent)?

I've been working too abstracted a level lately, can't recall :)

Cheers,
--
- Martin Norland, Sys Admin / Database / Web Developer, International Outreach x3257
The opinion(s) contained within this email do not necessarily represent those of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.