Re: max character size mysql can contain

Yemi Obembe wondered:

Hi guiz,
I was just wondering if anyone has an idea the maximum size of
characters(in bytes) a mysql database can contain....
thanx

This is determined by the OS file-size limit as MyQSL stores its data in
regular files. I think maybe 4G on windows. Not sure on *nix, but likely
much bigger.

David