Re: boolean values in postgresql

On 21 Feb 2005 at 20:54, Bret Hughes said about "boolean values in postgresql":

> Question:  Assuming the above assumption is correct, what is the most
> efficient way to define a column that will take only two values who's
> values will evaluate as intended in php?

How about a CHAR(1) with "Y"/"N" (or "T"/"F") and use a trigger to enforce it. Or you could
use the small int and have 0/1... the validating trigger's the point...

Mike Morris
The Music Place
1617 Willowhurst Avenue
San Jose, CA 95125
(408) 445-ARTS (2787)
    Your Free Quote:
        And that, in my view, is what the whole controversy comes down to:
        Are you entitled to the fruits of your own labor, or does government
        have some presumptive right to spend and spend and spend?
                    Ronald Reagan, 1981