[suspicious - maybe spam] [suspicious - maybe spam] Re: [PHP-DB] Reg Exp to change c:\dir\dir\pic.jpg to dir/pic.jpg - to upload image path

hi you don't have to bother your self of such things. html does it all
for you. All you have to do is manage the uploaded file which is put
as a temporary file on the server temporary folder. Here's some tip:

temporary file in your server: $_FILES["file"]["tmp_name"]
name of your file (the uploaded): $_FILES["file"]["name"]

now use move_uploaded_file  function to where ever location you want
to put your file on your server.

 http://ph.php.net/manual/en/function.move-uploaded-file.php

cheers!

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 14:44:07 -0500, Bastien Koert <bastien_k@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Whats the reason to keep the image path from the host pc?
>
> The server will dump the uploaded file into a temp area fro which you can
> either move it to a permanent dir or load it into a db. The only path that
> you really need to worry about the one on the server, which you can handle
> by
>
> 1. leaving it fixed and coding it into your scripts
> 2. make it somewhat variable (if you were storing images by username or
> something like that) which you can handle by storing in the db.
>
> Once the image is uploaded, there is no use for the user's path. If he
> changes OSs its gone and of no value...
>
> Bastien
>
> >From: "ioannes" <ioannes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >To: <php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >Subject:  Reg Exp to change c:\dir\dir\pic.jpg to dir/pic.jpg - to
> >upload image path
> >Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 19:14:14 -0000
> >
> >I am trying to upload images - in fact an image path - from a PC.
> >
> >I use the <input > tag:
> >
> ><INPUT NAME="addpic" TYPE="file">
> >
> >which nicely gives an input textfield and Browse button!  This gives me, in
> >the input box, eg:
> >
> >c:\pics\subdir\pic1.jpg
> >
> >The relative path on the server is something like:
> >
> >subdir/pics1.jpg
> >
> >thus I need to transform the string:
> >
> >c:\subdir\pics\pics1.jpg
> >
> >into:
> >
> >pics/pics1.jpg
> >

> >I can use str_replace() to change "\" into "/".  I am looking for an
> >expression from some clever person to get rid of "c:\subdir\" given that I
> >don't know the exact 'subdir' or name of the image.
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >John
>
> --

GMail Rocks!!!