Re: last record

Thanks Peter

The reason I was wanting to do it in php was because the sql query is quite
complex and variable depending on the input from a form.

When the result page is presented I want to provide a link to the last
record at the top of the page.

After connecting and selecting the table I am constructing the query
I then want pick off the last record
and then get all the records

the rather cludgy way I am doing it is this:
First run
 $result = mysql_query($sqlstr." desc limit 0,1");
 $row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result);

Second run
 $result = mysql_query($sqlstr);
 while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) {

This is fine while there is only one order by appended to the query but if
there is none or more than one it doesn't work so well

Thanks

Neil