Re: Given only one mySQL user account by Host Company

Yes they gave me phpMyAdmin to use, and no, I have no access to the
user/privilege table. So the only way to output database entries is to
connect with the single super account they gave me.

I have a question about what you said Doug:

>Use INCLUDEs for the login portions of the script(s) and place them in a
>protected directory.  If >you are unable to protect directories (.htaccess)
>with this host, they are begging for trouble and >victimizing their
>subscribers.

In other words, call on an external function to connect to the database, and
place the file with this function in a directory that is .htaccess
protected. Is this correct? I do have a separate file with a database
connect function that all the pages on my site use, I just don't have it in
a .htaccess protected directory.