You could also remove of disable all the UPDATE code from your PHP pages, no?

Good luck,
Frank

On Jan 11, 2005, at 9:39 AM, php-db-digest-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

From: Chris
As long as I'm understanding you correctly, this is able to be done with the mysql privileges.

Just create a user that isn't allowed to update that column, then use that user in your PHP code.

The wording of your message makes it look like you're using a webform to specify a columnname-value combination to update int he database. This is inherently insecure.

Chris

JeRRy wrote:

Hi,
I want to BLOCK any possible updates from a webform or
php page to the address field.  Or even halt any sort
of update/modification from mysql to that column but
have it possible to unblock by admin.

Is this possible?  Sure I could refuse an mysql update
to do this but I want to lock out everyone to ensure
no sneaky activity or changes are made.

Is it possible or am I talking too much?

http://au.movies.yahoo.com