Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array?

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in ....

I have a site PHP 5 project that for the most part, works great. I have two search links that are broken. They complain about the same error, just another line number. I'm not very good with PHP. I am almost certain that this is a typo on my part, and I have a good idea what to look for however, I am interested in "Hiring" some PHP guru to examine the code and cut right to the repair.

Anyone out there interested?

Best regards,

Michael D. Peters
Director of Security Services