RE: Re: MySQL version issue

of the chip and actually read the manual excerpt, the equivalent SQL
statements it cites are very definitely available in mysql 3.xx.xx.

This will be brief, because this is rolling towards non-productiveness -
but, while you are technically right - it's still not an answer for him.

The new feature us "do this OR (IF CONDITION) that" and the equivalent
statement is "do that" with the precondition of (IF CONDITION).  Of
course the relevant SQL statements are available to independently insert
or update, it'd be pretty useless without.

So, yeah - solution is to bring the logic into the app, or get a new
host.  'nuff said.

Cheers,

- Martin Norland, Database / Web Developer, International Outreach x3257
The opinion(s) contained within this email do not necessarily represent
those of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.