Removing first word from a string?

Hi there everyone,

I am building a dynamic MySQL query for a project I am working on, but there
are instances where it products WHERE AND instead of WHERE city etc ….. due
to the nature of the system I am developing.  My question is, how can I
remove the FIRST “ AND” from a string if it is present, but leave all other
AND statements in the string?

I would really appreciate any help on this.  I can do a find and replace on
a string no problem, but just want it to be removed IF it is the FIRST word
in the string.

Oh and Happy New Year everyone.

Chris