Ora 10g, PHP 4 and Apache 2

Up until recently, I was running Mandrake 9, Oracle 9i and whatever PHP 4
version was available at the time I installed my server (last time was
around August of last year, IIRC). Didn't have any issues until someone
compromised my server through an old SSH.

I then decided to upgrade the whole lot to Fedora Core3, Oracle 10g, Apache
2 and PHP 4.3.10.

I am able to make PHP scripts run on Apache2, but the connectivity to Oracle
just isn't there.

For an example, see:
http://www.elnonio.dns04.com/test.php

Now, the script may be a bit off since I was not using my oracle classes and
was just writing straight OCI functions, but still this fails at the
connection level.

Has someone written a comprehensive how-to configure PHP 4 to access 10g
databases?

Any help appreciated to get my little site back up.

Thanks,

A. Contreras