Re: _POST, _GET, _REQUEST not working

Keane, Warren A FIN:EX wrote:
Jochem wrote:

one interim solution could be to write a function that fills the $_GET and $_POST vars - getting an array from a string like "var1=334343&var2=343434" is fairly trivial how does the following work

Thanks but this would be impractical for the real application. I need to
gather
customer data and write it to the database. I would likely use POST. I
couldn't get POST to work either but am using _GET right now since I can at least see the query string value.

ok - I assume then that POST values don't appear in argv as GET values do? if they do then the proposition stands.

probably a stupid question but: do you actually need tomcat? why not try a vanilla setup to begin with?

I need Tomcat for a Java app we run and this is the standard here.

I notice that your running tomcat on port 8080, maybe its a possibility to run tomcat an a vanilla apache setup next to each other (no diff ports obviously) - one for the java webapp and one for the php stuff (apache with apache php sapi, preferably statically linked cos thats faster)...

I am guessing but I also think the problem is to do with the fact that the CGI sapi is being used.

a bit desperate but... you could go thru purmatationS of the following ini setting to see if your problem goes away:

variables_order
register_globals
register_argc_argv
register_long_arrays

if that doesn't do it maybe its time to build the webserver from scratch again (also is there a reason to use the CGI? - is there not a sapi for tomcat?)

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas, hope you figure it out!