From: tg-php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tg-php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 8:10 PM
To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: andre.matos@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Comparing Two Values

To be honest, I havn't had much use for it myself but I've done a lot of
'hack' projects that didn't need to be this specific.  But as I understand,
you might want to use the triple-equal sign to determine if they're exactly
the same.

Are you comparing...

2

with...

"0002"

(integer versus a string?)

If so, the === should work I believe.  It should compare variable types as
well as values so it shouldn't convert "0002" to just 2 before doing the
evaluation.

Good luck!

-TG