Re: Redhat-MySQL Issues

On Tuesday 21 December 2004 12:29, Nathan Mealey wrote:

> I am trying to get PHP (4.3.2) to connect to MySQL 4.1.8 on a Redhat AS
> 3.0 server.
>
> I ran the command: up2date php-mysql
>
> And on the initial run-through, PHP connected to MySQL no problem. But
> then I changed something in the PHP.ini and the next time I ran a PHP
> to Mysql script, I got the following error message:
>  Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect()
>
> All I changed in the PHP.ini was the include path.

My guess is that that is not what you changed (or not the only thing you
changed). If you're pretty sure that 'include_path' was the only thing you
changed then just revert it back to what it was before.

> What could have happened?

It doesn't know about your MySQL extension. You could have a look at the
'extension_dir' setting to whether you had changed that accidently.

> I am so in the dark on how to fix this!

If all else fails, extract a fresh copy of php.ini from one of the RPMs. Or
ask someone on the RH mailing lists to send you one.

Oh, and next time you edit php.ini, make a backup!