RE: selecting rows with no reference

is the user id still there? if not, an outer join should be what you need to use to get all the rows where there is no match in the other table

bastien

From: Merlin <news.groups@xxxxxx>
To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  selecting rows with no reference
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 12:30:34 +0100

Hi there,

I know this is a question for the mysql mailing list, but maybe one of you guys also could help out with that.

I do have to tables (users, messages). Now there unfortunatelly are some messages where the sender in the user table is missing.

I am trying to find all messages which do not have the belonging user anymore.

So I tried this:
SELECT m.subject, m.status
FROM user u, messages m
WHERE   m.sender_user_id != u.user_id