Re: stumped-mail and database

er, I don't know if it would interest you but here is a class I have been using for ages now (not that I have trouble using mail() for simple jobs) because its simple, packed with functionality and works well:

http://phpmailer.sourceforge.net/

the following page hopefully demonstrates how simple it is to setup/use:

http://phpmailer.sourceforge.net/extending.html