Re: php5 and mysql_connect

hi Clown,

php5 has a new set of functions for mysql, these are all named mysqli_*
instead of mysql_* - this has to do with the problems surrounding mysql licensing (the work around was, I believe, to write a new set of functions which were not tied to the mysql lic.)

anyway mysql_connect() won't work in php5 - although I do believe it's possible to compile in the 'old' mysql lib yourself.

check the docs or google it for more info (there is plenty of commentary on this subject).

it clown wrote:
Hi All,

i have installed php5 and mysql on 9.1 and when i use php
to connect to mysql i get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect()

Why is this happening and how do i fix it?

My php script is correct i double checked.

Thanks
Regards